Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Friendly Challenge


My dear friend Kylie, emailed me last weekend and suggested that we take a personal challenge with each other to create something. So after some tooing and froing, we decided on a "Clean out the cupboard Challenge". We had to decorate our wooden bags, which by the way, we purchased well over a year ago. We needed to use ribbon, bling and flowers. No bright colours were allowed. Well, this is what I came up with.



I painted the bag, then applied the DP. I Then put on 2 layers of lace and then had fun (not) sticking the row of pearl beads on. This is on the backside also. I have still to finish the inside. This project when finished, will be a Mothers Day gift for my mum. I think I'll print off some photo's of her and me and make a small scrapbook to place inside.

Head on over to Kylies blog and check out her amazing creation. She is one incredibly talented lady.

Thanks for all the lovely comments you leave me. I appreciate each and everyone of them.

Take care xo Jackie



19 comments:

  1. Oh it's just GORGEOUS!!! Love what you've created and great job with those pearls! You absolutely rocked our personal challenge!! Your Mum is going to love this.
    We will have to do this again!! My cupboard isn't empty yet ;)

    Love Kylie ox

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow Jackie this is a great piece of art. I just checked out Kylies bag and you two have been very clever little girl's. Thanks for sharing.
    PHilippa

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful bag Jackie! Love the muted colors and all the lace! Your mum will love it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOW,WOW,WOW this is stunning!!! Love everything about it and your mum will treasure it.....love the mini scrapbook idea!!
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Jackie! Your Mom will LOVE this! Such pretty DP for the base of it and gorgeous details all over!!!! Your guys really rocked these purses. So inspiring!!! Great job!
    Hugs, Dena

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh WOW Jackie this is just stunning, your mum will love this. Hugs Michele x

    ReplyDelete
  7. OMGosh, This is simply stunning..Love all the details..Very lovely bag..
    Hugs, Linda

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a beautiful gift! Absolutely stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Jackie
    I have just come from Kylie's blog love her bag and yours, I think you are both very talented girls.. Love the idea for the challenge I think the two of you should start up a challenge blog I would play along:)
    Vicki

    ReplyDelete
  10. Gorgeous Jackie! Love the way you made it look so vintage!! Your mom will love this!!
    Hugs
    Jodi =)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oi Jackie...linda essa mala, um presente maravilhoso, sua mãe com certeza vai adorar.
    Gostei dos detalhes das pérolas, como você fez para prendêlas??
    Beijos!

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a lovely and elegant bag!

    (-: Heidi

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi Jackie!

    This is lovely! The pearls were the perfect touch! Your mum will love it!

    You and Kylie bring out the best in each other!

    Wishing you a great weekend!

    Barbara Diane

    ReplyDelete
  14. OMG Hun this is just stunning what a oerfect colour scheme, a very elegant bag, I havwe so missed visiting so glad I am back in circulation
    Hugs Jacqui x

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh...Jackie, your little creation is absolutely stunning!!!
    I love the details.
    Have a great week.
    Hugs, Mumur

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hi Jackie,
    What a stunning pressie for your Mum. Like the idea of ptting a scrapbook inside. She's going to love it. Totally gorgeous!!
    Big Hugs,
    Andie xx

    ReplyDelete
  17. hallo lovely lady,

    beautiful,georgeous, pretty, I could keep going. fantastic colours, ribbons and pearls. No diamonds? I loved it. I love visiting so keep creating. Love ya

    Kerri Anne

    ReplyDelete
  18. wow this is fab Jackie, great design and I love the flowers and lace

    ReplyDelete
  19. Oh Jackie this is stunningly beautiful. I love the vintage look you've achieved, fabulous papers and awesome details, lucky Mum!!
    hugs Heather xx

    ReplyDelete